Reading series «Das andere Buch an der Uni»
- Philipp Probst reads from «Der Storykiller»
- Library of the University of St.Gallen, under the cuppola
- Friday, 25 November 2011, 7.30 p.m.
- Free entry. Reading in German
- Chair: Dr. Andreas Härter, Titular Professor for German Language and Literature, University of St.Gallen
About the book
The "Aktuell" newspaper sends the young reporter Alex Gaster to the Bernese Oberland because a well-known politician had a fall on the Faulhorn mountain, and Alex is meant to do research into the background of the fatal accident. Together with his boss, the committed young talent scents a big story. But to begin with, the political editor of "Aktuell" occupies Page 1 with his stories about the Swiss Army, while Alex is literally scraping the barrel – but then finds pointers which might provide him with a scoop at last.
About the author
Philipp Probst, who was born in St.Gallen in 1965, worked for several newspapers and journals as a reporter, news journalist and political journalist for more than 20 years. In between, he was on the road as a lorry driver all over Europe time and again. Today, he works as a freelance author, journalist and driver. His first book, "Der Fürsorger", was made into a film in 2009. Philipp Probst lives in Basel.